Saturday, May 10, 2014

Your Day

Hi Mom,

How goes it? 

Well, it's Mother's Day again and I miss you just as much now, as I did the first Mother's Day without you. 

Oh, I know you are around from time to time, and I appreciate the efforts you make to let me know you are near.

I like the 9:17s you leave scattered about--and always when I least expect them, or need them the most. Like when I am playing Scrabble or Words of Wonder, and the word "ogre" catches my eye.  I use it whether it's a good call or not. Remember the time one of us made "bungholer" in Scrabble & we couldn't stop laughing?


My favorite was the First One: The email that I received in August of 2004, right after I graduated from U. of South Alabama. It was time-stamped 11:10.
That was the best! And of course, the timing was amazeballs.


Did you see me in The King and Oy? Can you even believe I was in a play? Wow, huh?

I was going to do our Dance of Spring, but my body doesn't work as well as it used to. Now, I see what you mean about old bones and achin' backs. It tried to demonstrate to Nancy (Mary Louise) when I visited her, but my technique was lacking. 

Maybe you were there with us and saw it. I like to think you were.

Speaking of Nancy...you sure know how to keep a secret. Even Angie Butler had no clue. I understand why you didn't tell me, and it's okay. I want you to know, though, that if you had told me I would have been cool with it.

More than cool.

I wonder how many times it was on the tip of your tongue to tell me, but then you stopped yourself. 

Maybe often, maybe never.

Anyway, Nancy was and is, a pleasant surprise. She looks just like you, but I guess you know that.

Well, I could go on and on, but I won't. 

I just wanted to formally wish you a Happy Mother's Day.

I love you Mom, and look forward to seeing you again.

Love,

Susie




No comments:

Post a Comment